Position Title: Print/Production Operator
Compensation Range: DOE
We are looking for an experienced screen print operator to join our team. This role includes printing on manual and automatic presses, as well as operating the heat press machines as needed. Print Operators at McKenzie SewOn perform a variety of tasks and roles daily, weekly, and monthly. Training is on-going and Print/Production Operators must be willing to learn, perform, and excel at a variety of tasks.
Operators are responsible for reviewing assigned job orders, ensuring accuracy of materials and descriptions, and communicating any discrepancies. For each order, operators must ensure that the decoration type, application, and design match the specs of the assigned job. McKenzie SewOn strives to produce the highest level of quality for each client, therefore attention to detail is extremely important in this role.
An advanced operator will be versed in squeegee durometers and angles, mesh counts and screen tension, plastisol and water-based printing, specialty inks and custom ink mixing (pantone matching).
Training and development for heat press will include vinyl types and colors, weeding designs and application of artwork.
- Basic understanding of screen-printing, garment materials, and ink is necessary
- Operators will be skilled and knowledgeable on automatic press, manual press and heat press
- Operating a manual press
- Operating an automatic press
- Operating heat press
- Working in other areas of production including, but not limited to: folding, tagging, preparing orders
- Knowledge of heat press preferred
- Attention to detail
- Commitment to safety
- Desire to acquire new skills
- Passion for the industry
- Flexibility and eagerness to work in a variety of areas day to day
- Desire and ability to work individually and as a team